Renderworks Error?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

In 2014 you have to uninstall and reinstall to add Renderworks fully. The more modern versions let you swap the serial number but the older ones do not. Though even in 2016 however when you get red Xs, it means a reinstall is needed for that module.

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/1105/Uninstalling+Vectorworks

You would just reinstall with the serial that included Renderworks however.

You can actually just move the user folder for 2014 to the desktop, then uninstall the application, reinstall, then delete the new user folder it made and put your old one back in its place. That should keep 99% of your settings. I think OpenGL render mode and a few other minor things may reset to default but not the workspace or VW Preferences.

User folder location is detailed in these specific steps:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/1359/Uninstalling+Vectorworks+2015+%28and+older%29

Edited by JimW

Not unless the plugins were installed directly to the User folder. Many third party plugins still install directly to the Application folder, those would not be transferred, but I don't know which ones store it in which locations these days.

• 4 weeks later...

Ive had this issue in the past, beyond multiple restarts there doesn't seem to be much I can do.

Overtime I drag the library into the window to load it get stuck at about 10%. Never loads the libraries even if I double click as opposed to dragging in the window?

I need to access this library but can get it to load? Any suggestions?

Ive downloaded and attempted to install in both ways described. However it never finishes the install. Gets stuck at 10% every time. Had no issue with 2015 or 2016

I noticed there is no install manager for 2014 on any of our machines?

How can I get the Rendtrworks package to install?

Ive tried restarting and reinstalling to no avail? Any suggestions?

On 10.11 that would not surprise me, Vectorworks 2014 was never made fully compatible with that OS and will no longer be receiving any service packs. The only two versions of Vectorworks that have been made compatible with OS X 10.11 are 2015 and 2016.

The Package Managers that install libraries in 2015 and 2016 are part of the solutions to the library installation issues from 2014.

So I have no way of getting the renderworks libraries for 2014 even tho we paid for the license it can not longer be used with render works? This is pretty disappointing as we have guys who use this on each version we run. Not everyone has access to all versions.

Edited by HEengineering

Its not a matter of ownership, Vectorworks 2014 will still run on operating systems that it supported.

If you have the 2014 libraries installed on a supported OS already, you can copy them from that machine into the Vectorworks 2014 > Libraries folder directly to bypass the library installation issue.

Tech@vectorworks.net may have a direct download link you can use that will let you download the libraries in an uncompressed form, check with them and see. You will need to give them the last 6 of your serial number so that they can get you the right libraries, they're very version and module specific.