SoftGoods

RickR

Calling the SoftGoods experts, like @C. Andrew Dunning

I'm doing some Marionette and trying to make or change SoftGoods objects.

https://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=223231#Post223231

Basically entering a value in the AdjustableLength field isn't doing much. It's either not recalculating or grayed out. It works great manually, but in VS and Marionette I'm getting stalled.

Got any tips? (Thanks in advance!!)

Rick -

2 things you might be experiencing:

1) "AdjustableLength" only works with single straight-line SoftGoods runs. For other configurations that parameter is hidden.

2) "AdjustableLength" uses some under-the-hood functionality that requires manual user input through the OIP. For that reason, entering values for that using VS or Marionette may not work. While I'm doubtful, you might try triggering a reset at the end of your code and see if that works.

Rick -

2 things you might be experiencing:

1) "AdjustableLength" only works with single straight-line SoftGoods runs. For other configurations that parameter is hidden.

2) "AdjustableLength" uses some under-the-hood functionality that requires manual user input through the OIP. For that reason, entering values for that using VS or Marionette may not work. While I'm doubtful, you might try triggering a reset at the end of your code and see if that works.

Thanks,

I'm fully aware of the straight line issue. I tried a manual reset with the Update button but didn't think of a VS version. Maybe we need a Marionette version.

Sarah B. got a variation to work. I tried to do some VS in a node: vs.CreateCustomPathObject but I was using a line as a path and it needs to be a polyline or polygon.

FYI I'm working with showing stacking space and dual tracks for travelers. I've been doing all that manually and thought a programmed version might be a good Marionette trial.