Project Sharing troubles with walls on different layers

MID

Hello,

I am new on Techboard.

As an architect in Switzerland me and my partner are one of the first offices using

VW 2016 project sharing in our country. But, we have big troubles with it, because:

When we are working with walls, say draftsman 1 is modyfing one wall in layer 1st floor, VW asks to release layer 2nd floor for instance, even if there is no such wall or even wall type on 2nd floor.

We have this problem throughout the project and it blocks us.

Does anybody have the same kind of problem in Vectroworks Project Sharing? We would be happy to solve this together.

regards

MID

Hi Michael, welcome. I've not experienced this problem myself. I wonder, do you have Slabs (in the form of floors or ceilings) bound to these walls?

For instance, I could imagine if you had 1st floor walls bound to something on the 2nd floor then it would ask you to release that layer in order to make changes to the walls on the 1st floor + the Slabs on the 2nd floor.

Hi Christiaan,

thanks for reply,

I'll check the thematic Slabs.

But in general we have this problem with walls between layers that are not even

part of the same building...

It's really annoying. Our costumer care in Switzerland doesn't seem to know what's the reason for this. That's why I'm trying to get help from techboard.