Vectorworks 2015 Rseource Browser Favorites Not sticking

Everyday I have to reload my favorites for the resource browser.

We keep the favorite or custom resource files on our local server. We also keep all the sites we work on, on this same server.

Some of the sites will stick as favorites, however the actual custom favorite files/libraries where we keep our commonly used parts, doesnt stick.

Everyday they must be reloaded. Doesnt make much sense because they are all on the same server, but only some files stay in place within the resource browser, but the library files always go missing the next day.

Any thoughts on what might cause this?

• 1 month later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If they're stored on a server, it is possible that you wont see any on servers that your machine had not connected to prior to Vectorworks launching. This can be tested by navigating to the server location the library files are stored in Finder (Mac) or Explorer (Windows) BEFORE launching Vectorworks for the day, then launch Vectorworks and see if all of the expected libraries are present.

Do you happen to know what network protocol you are using to access these server locations? SMB2, AFP, etc. We have the best luck with SMB2 which is default on all Windows machines since Vista and I think is used on OS X after 10.9.

SMB on OSX El Captain. I also toyed around with designating these custom libraries as a workgroup folder thru Preferences within VW. Im not quite sure if this does what I think it does, but it did go looking for this folder the minute I opened up VW, bc I had set it as a workgroup folder/Library.

Maybe you can help me clarify what exactly does the workgroup folder designation do that a "favorite" cant?"

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

A Favorite is a single one time reference, I believe its an absolute path. Workgroup allows users to add or remove a folder filled with a number of files with the intention that all users at a firm be using the same versions of resource files and all update at the same time, rather than having to manually manage them on each machine.