Text Editing Problem

Hello

Everything was fine until last week but now...

When I click the Text edit button all I get is a red dot and no cursor or a red bounding box and no cursor.

When I try to edit previously added text I also get no cursor but I can edit the text "blind" i.e. the text is edited but only visible after I exit the edit box.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Oliver Barkovic
When I try to edit previously added text I also get no cursor but I can edit the text "blind" i.e. the text is edited but only visible after I exit the edit box.

This may be a graphics card/driver related issue as I have noticed similar behaviour in Microsoft Visio on occasion, though I have not been able to replicate it predictably.

Did you check if your graphics card drivers are up to date and that you have enough memory on your system?

• 2 months later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Im surprised you were able to get Vectorworks 2010 running on OS X 10.11, it is not supported on that operating system and I was not able to get it running stably here either. Vectorworks 2016 SP2 and Vectorworks 2015 SP5 are the only two versions of Vectorworks rated as compatible with OS X 10.11.