SPOTLIGHT: Rotating Truss Symbols in 3D

Jan2010

Question

Hi there,

I use Spotlight in VW 2016 on a daily basis and there is something that is a bit annoying :

In my company we are using Eurotruss FD Truss.

So when I´m drawing plans I like to use the FD Truss symbols that come with Vectorworks instead of the straight or curved Truss tools from the Spotlight.Cause a lot of times you need corners, t-pieces and stuff like that and I can more easily create a "shopping list" for my warehouse by using VW Reports and worksheets.

Also quite a lot of times you need to rotate them into 3D to create Ground Supports, Truss Towers on stage or other 3D constructions.

At the moment it is a bit of a pain to do that.

Since we are talking about a hybrid symbol (yes I understand the nature of a 2D/3D Symbol) at the moment it is only possible with a workaround.

Edit the Symbol: delete the 2D components and work with just the 3D part.

But that is a lot of work and it changes the look of my plans.

So my feature suggestions is: Can you make it possible and more comfortable to work with the manufacturer symbols that are provided with Vectorworks?

Ground supports, truss towers on stage and the use of corners are a pretty essential thing in lighting design.

Regards

1 answer to this question