Span wall Windows in VWs 2016

whashisface

Hi All

I'm having a play around with the new 2016 features on a very simple test building.

All going well until I try the span wall tool. For some reason as soon as I applied it to a window within one of my walls it clipped the top of the wall to window sill level. Even though my walls are associated with my roof object and set to clip to that.

I attach a screenshot and test file. Any thoughts on what I've done wrong?

Screen%20Shot%202015-09-24%20at%2016.09.12.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17200339/VWs%202016%20Test%20Building.vwx

Edited by whashisface
Guest Wes Gardner

Hi Alan,

I got the same result, however, once I tried "Fit Walls to Objects" it seemed to have solved the issue...it still needs to be looked at.

Wes

Edited by Wes Gardner
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It's best to go through local support first just in case. I suspect this issue in in the base Vectorworks but with any of the non-US versions its best practice to go through local support first then if its not on their end they can pass it to us via established means.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

One of the engineers in charge of Doors/Window came by and had a chat with me about this. Apparently it is a bug un how the Span option for Window objects clips away walls conflicting with how Roof Face objects clip away walls. One is overriding the other when it shouldnt be. They are trying a few fixes now, but most likely it wont be in time for SP1 unfortunately.