Door texture rotation

domer1322

I made a custom wood door leaf and used it in a plug-in door object. On the leaf symbol, the wood texture runs up-down. Once I make the door plug in object with custom leaf, the texture runs left-right. How do I fix this ?

The OIP does not show a texture rotation option for the plug in object. Also, the obvious answer might be to go into the door leaf symbol and rotate the texture. That didn't work.

Thanks for any tips.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Currently you have to create duplicates of the texture where the texture's image itself has been rotated within the Edit Texture dialog directly, then apply the "normal" direction version and the 90 deg rotated version to the appropriate objects by class, but even then sometimes in situations where you have a 45deg angle or something similar, your ability to control it is limited whill still leaving it as a whole Door object.

You CAN ungroup the door and then texture the objects its made up of individually, but then you lose scheduling and whatnot. I have filed a request for this ability and will add this thread to that request.