Workspaces between versions

Ion,

The problem with that request is there are some plugins that stay constant in the name, however internal things in the plug in are completely different.

I can see if I can get a list of plugins in Foundation that have changed so you know which ones to fix bewteen VW 9 and 10 ..

But it may be easier and more time efficient to just take a workspace in VW 10 and edit it to the liking of the user or purpose.

There are so many plugins that would need to be removed and readded with the workspace editor, it may not be worth the time spent on it.

I seem to remember some time ago someone commenting or wishing for a Workspace converter between Versions. I searched and couldn't see it.

Regardless, this is what i want/need to do:

Upgrade 14 people from VWA 9.5.3 to 10.1, with practically that # of workspaces.

I know one can simply move the workspace and it will access the tools in common. But what I want is something to parse through the workspace and remove tools that are no longer in the plugins folder, and if I am dreaming up pie in the sky stuff, a list of tools that would be in the plugins folder that are not in the current workspace, especially tools that had been added or changed from the prior version.

There is obviously some sort of built in parser, that tells me when tools are not in the plugins folder but are in my workspace, I just want to approach it more comprehensively.

thanks

I understand that there may not be a straight forward method, but it is common for different keystrokes than the standard. Some custom tools to be added, some tools to be removed. Then of course there is the matter of NNA changing long standing keystrokes Undo/Redo in V9 Layer/Class Options in V10. And it is never as simple as just taking say the Architect workspace and quickly modify it, because first you have to find where keystrokes you want to use are allocated elsewhere in the workspace.

There has been an improvement with the All tools option in the left hand column to be sure. These are workspaces that people have spent years developing, and right or wrong they have dramatically altered their workspace from any of the standard workspaces. There are custom menus to be created, many keystrokes. And if you start at a Blank workspace it takes even longer.

I don't know the solution (one minor reason I am not a software engineer) but it seems there should be a way to map one versions workspace to another, much like V9 brought the ability to map class naming standards. Maybe another option to the warning that comes up when you want to assign a keystroke to a command that simply lets you unassign that keystroke to the other command and assigns it to the one you want.

Maybe the warning window that pops up and says such and such tool is not in the plugins folder has an option to remove reference to that plugin.

I just know I am going to hear holy hell the first two days of testing because either I spend a full day doing my best to convert their spaces, or each of them spend a couple hours and then time over the following days fine tuning it.

I don't know what the solution is. I am hoping this board and NNA can.