Wall opening boundary bug w/ window tool

If you select the option to have interior and exterior trim of different widths, the 3D wall void is still cut to the outline of the larger trim size. This shows up as a gap in the wall in 3D when viewed from the narrow trim side ("Window" insertion tool). I note that all symbols/PIOs cut openings in walls at their extreme boundaries, in both 2D and 3D. In 2D, the symbol creates a likeness of the wall to fill in the gap between the edge of trim and the frame. In 3D, the fill is not created, causing the problem noted above.

VW 10.1

WinXP

Is it outside the realm of possibility to have the wall objects cut at the door or window frame, instead of at the edge of the trim? If it is possible, this would take care of the problem, plus a few other annoying glitches - such as the facts that 1) often, in 2D, there is a line across the wall at one side of the window or door at the outside edge of the trim, and 2) when my wall cavites are not symmetrical I have to go though a series of flips to get the faked in walls to align their cavities correctly.

[ 02-27-2003, 02:39 PM: Message edited by: P Retondo ]