simple interface options

davidwd

Question

please please please -

An option to switch off the plygon tool trace mode so I don't have to back track on hitting angle vertices drawn in curves ,. .... Am I drawing to fast ???? !

An option to definitely lock palette positions so not needing to reset between using single and dual monitors .

Regards

David

2 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Apologies, I am not sure what you mean for your first request.

The Polygon tool doesn't allow curves, are you using the Polyline tool? What specifically is it doing automatically that you'd like to lock off? The auto-curving when you drag-while-clicking?

For your second request, this has been submitted. (I switch monitor setups all the time, drives me nuts too.)

Hi Jim .

Apologies...

Yes I did mean the "polyline tool" and I think it must be the "Auto -curving while dragging "....

I would guess that it is perhaps related to my own method / movement of the line -

It does seem whilst over existing objects I find it quite hard to control -

Any sidewards movement at all before setting the next vertices .... i.e. "point" means it is then created with a curved point reaction .

Further thoughts on the dual / single monitor set-up .-

I do wonder though how that might even be controllable? - How or if VW could even recognise the current monitor set up and re-adjust accordingly? ....

Initially I m thinking it doesn't seem quite so easy .....