wall framer off set

ChrisA

Hi

I am using the wall framer tool and when it creates and framed wall the are offset to the outside of the original. Is there a setting that I am missing.

I have also top offset the structural component (9'0") in my wall so the sheathing will run past my rim joist, but the framer is ignoring this and is creating walls to the full height (10'0").

any ideas?

So was not able to figure out exactly what was going on but I did narrow it down to wall styles. I created another file with a few new walls. the wall style i created for the original design had the error but a new wall didn't so I just replace the walls with the new in the old file, if that makes sense.

I am still not getting what i want or what is even consistent is from one tool to the next.

I have created a 2x6 wall 24" oc with TJI for the second floor deck framing.

What I want is a 2x6 wall that the sheathing extends to cover the rim and the framing members to be 5 1/2". What i get is a framing wall that has 2x4 studs (regardless of how I set the options) and a wall that does not off set from the top. I have attached two images one of what I want and one of what i get.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Edited by ChrisA