VW Sales could use some improvement!

Some of you may recall the cyber Monday offering from November. I'm considering adding an employee this year so I thought - why not buy a second license just in case?

It seemed like a simple transaction...

I contacted my sales rep, fully prepared to invest in my business and shell out several thousand dollars.

"Nope - the Cyber Monday deal isn't available to you," I was told. I rechecked the fine print. Yes, I was in the US, Yes I was purchasing a new license ... All of the conditions checked out.

"Your existing license is Service Select and since the anniversary date differs from today, we can't sell you another license" - was the explanation. Hmm, I thought. That condition isn't listed as an exclusion.

"Well, why don't you just amortize my current license i.e. give me a credit for the 10 months ahead that I've already paid and synch the two anniversary dates?" I asked.

"I'm not authorized to do that"

"Can you talk to your supervisor and get authorization?"

So, he agreed to do that. I heard nothing back. So, a few days later I followed up with him AND his supervisor. The supervisor thought it was fine and sent me back to the rep to finalize the sale.

The rep decided that even though I had paid ahead ten months on my service select fees he would only credit me for two months.

It looked like a simple math error and so I asked for a correction. I was basically told to take it or leave it. Subsequent emails to the superior have elicited no response.

So, in a nutshell ... you have a software user who has been using a product for 10+ years who tries to purchase your product; proactively reaches out 4,5,6 times to the sales team over a period that has now spanned well over a month and is essentially unable to make it happen (or even get a conclusive response).

Selling software really should be the service side of any company - working to make the transaction easy for the customer. If my experience is anything like what others go through to purchase a copy of this software then I can see why VW hasn't been as widely adopted as it could be.

Personally, I think the technical and engineering teams have done a remarkable job at developing the capabilities of the product. When I look back over my own wish list items for the past decade, most of the items have been addressed and included.

That said, I think phenomenal improvement could be attained by improving the sales experience.

... So, now that you know my situation, if anyone has a copy of Designer or Architect that you want to sell me, drop me a private message.

Thanks,

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Taproot,

First please keep in mind any transfers of licenses must be approved through Nemetschek Vectorworks, Inc. Any user who attempts to sell you their license without taking the appropriate actions runs the risk of having the license deactivated.

Second, someone from the sales team will be contacting your shortly to try and get this issue resolved.

Thanks,