Door leaf top panel glazing texture?

TimG

is this a bug or am I missing a setting somewhere.... trying to get a door POI to have leafs with upper glass panels to be glass like the transom and sidelights are... there all set to the same glazing class, however the panel in the leafs seams to be using the solid properties, not the glass texture like the rest of the unit's glazing is... any ideas on how to fix this?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

In the Door Settings, under the Leaf pane, near the bottom I believe you have to check "Glazing in Top Panels" otherwise it will render them as solid. If you check that option, it should then place them in the regular Glazing class with the lights and transom panels.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I don't see what's wrong with this door, when I create a new sample door with similar settings, the panels take the texture of the glazing class rather than its solid fill, but it is certainly not doing so in your door.

If I revert the Leaf to Glass instead of Panel, it takes the texture as expected, but if I set it back to Panel it takes the solid fill rather than the texture, which is not the case in other doors I have created before and in a test case I made here.

I don't think you have done anything incorrectly, submitting this as an issue now.