Event seating - again

RickR

I'm doing my first event seating in 2015. I've done many others over the years and know just how, um, unintuitive it is.

Now the seat or row spacing seems to be forcing automatic aisles. Which does what seems to depend on the focusing side when the arrangement was first created, or something. I know about the forced extra if the symbol is rotated but this is something else. Is this intended?

AND the spacing is not exact. It seems the spacing is being adjusted to enforce the aisle size. Wrong answer!

Also somehow I got the center seats in a row to space differently than the ends. Not concentric, but as if the row and seating spacing parameters were swapped, just for the end seats. It got better when I redefined the orientation of the symbol. Go figure!

I just want resizable pews with a simple extrude. I did a similar thing for bleachers a couple of years ago. The seating tools rise and seating count are nice time savers, but these irrational oddities are driving me around the vertex.

So am I confused, missed something? Is it the file or is this tool been changed in a bad way??