um, what happen to wall types and scripting sets now a pain.

jnr

So in 2014 there was a lengthy list of standard wall assemblies for the US market. Gone are typical 2x4 interior and exterior residential wood framing. Am I missing something?

Also gone is the message that tells you you better setup your stories first before scripting a multilevel set. The new stories features will screw up your floor levels if you try to add new floor levels after you set up the doc. Seems to work if you remember to set up stories first, although I don't get why I end up with additional mystery layers (i.e. I set up say slab-1, but it also scripts the old mod-slab-1 layer).

Thoughts?

-J

Guest Wes Gardner

Well, let's see now....if you open the Architect Imperial template you'll get several wall styles that DO NOT have any of their components bound to a level, if you open one of the BIM templates, you'll get several wall styles (with a PLUS sign as the prefix) that DO have their components bound to level types. The "unbounded" wall styles are at the bottom of that list (with no plus sign). Any and all of these are changeable of course. I typically create my own wall styles and class them (and their components) the way I want them.

If you're doing residential work, you may want to change the drywall thickness to 1/2"...

Honestly, I can't speak to your second paragraph, I don't get those results at all...I haven't seen "mod" anything for a long time...ALL my layers are modeling layers...if you've written some sort of script to generate stuff, you may want to check there first...

Wes

Edited by Wes Gardner