Rotating Symbols

In VW 9.5, when you rotated a symbol by changing dialogue in the Object Info palette, the symbol rotated from its insertion point.

In VW 10, when you do the same thing, the symbol rotates from its center point.

Is there any way for me to change this so that it rotates from the insertion point?

Adam,

Can you give me a specific symbol where you are seeing this ?

I am seeing the same behavior in VW 9 and 10 with the various symbols I tried.

It depends on where the symbol is drawn relative to the (0,0) coordinate in the edit symbol dialog box.

There are some symbols where a corner starts at (0,0) and that is the point about which the object rotates, while others have the center of the symbol about the (0,0).

The rot option in the OIP seems to me like it's rotating the symbol about the (0,0) of the 2d portion of the symbol in both VW 9 and 10.

[ 01-24-2003, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Katie ]

• 1 month later...

I have tons of symbols that were created in VW 9 and VW 8. In those versions, the symbols rotated around the insertion point which is always at 0,0. In VW 10, they all seem to rotate about the objects center regardless of this insertion point. If you like, I can send you a few examples. How can I send to you?