Ceiling, How to

Kizza

What's the best way to create the ceiling shown in this image from the 2015 teaser?

I have an upcoming project which requires a similar ceiling.

I would probably done it with a EAP for the edge and using a solid addition for the main...

Or should I use a slab?

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=11057&filename=Screen%20Shot%202014-09-10%20at%209.18.11%20PM.jpg

Edited by Kizza

Yes, that's what I thought you meant. So it's not really one seamless ceiling is it? I know that they are auto bound and all, but three objects...

Would be better if we could assign a user defineable profile to a slab object (ceiling object). That would be a more logical approach IMO.

Guess a wish for another day..

1. Create 1 (or 2) ceiling layers

2. Create 2 (or 1) ceiling types that you are going to have (2 if you only use 1 DL, with an offset corresponding to the ceiling height difference)

3. Create a wall build-up to correspond with the build-up of the vertical ceiling part, here you can either bound the top and bottom of the wall definition to the 2 ceiling layers or if you only have 1 ceiling layer bound the bottom and offset the top to correspond with the height difference.

4. Draw the vertical parts in the correct places.

5. Change layer settings to view/snap/modify others and place the correct slabs by choosing the correct enclosing walls and ceiling-walls.

6. Done

Edited by Vincent C
Yes, that's what I thought you meant. So it's not really one seamless ceiling is it? I know that they are auto bound and all, but three objects...

Would be better if we could assign a user defineable profile to a slab object (ceiling object). That would be a more logical approach IMO.

Perhaps but that edge is not always vertical or indeed even straight.

In Sweden they actually build those vertical sections using the same technique as in metal stud gypsum walls, so technically the way I do it is correct not only theory. :)

(Do those vertical sections actually get delivered as part of the ceiling down under?)

So how would you define the sections that are lower/higher once the slab is placed?

Come to think of it, if introduced, it would be a nice added functionality even in all other instances we need varying slab heights.......hmmm, needs some pondering before a wish is posted......

So how would you define the sections that are lower/higher once the slab is placed?

You enter a profile edit mode (similar to group edit). You would also need to define the extent or path for the profile to follow.

So, create a path (similar to an EAP) create a profile (similar to EAP) and if you need to edit it, then you enter a profile edit mode.

Edited by Kizza