Text callout tool glitch?

Hello

This is my first post. I have been using VW for about 12 years! We are an architect's practice using VW 2014 SP3 on a Mac OS 10.9.3.

The callout tool which we use to annotate drawings (via viewport on the sheet layer) is no longer a stable or useful tool.

Problem: Although the callout preferences set the 'max text width' at 50 when we finish added our text to the 'notes manager: callout' dialogue box the text ends up being a whole host of different widths. This unpredictable behaviour results in every callout text box having to be manually adjusted.

The text width varies between 215 (very wide) or 6.27 incredibly narrow! It is never 50 as set in the callout tool preferences. The results being a long line of text or a pile of words on top of each other (I have a screen shot of this but can't seem to add attachments here).

This is a new problem (only experienced on VW 2014) that we have not encountered before when using this tool. Is there any advice that can help resolve this problem that is adding significant workload to what used to be a simple task of annotating drawings.

Thanks in anticipation.

• 1 month later...