Exporting 3D files

I'm not sure if this is your problem, but in addition to setting the resolution, what have you set the height and width to? If you want, for example, a 300dpi image that's 8"x10", the pixel dimensions would have to be 2400 x 3000. If they're less, when you size the image in your graphics program, in effect you're getting a lower resolution.

Kristen

Thanks. By increasing the size the results are far better. Because I don't need to export the full model I tried to outline the required section using the perspective crop rectangle only to find the model disappeared! It seems to be visible only in orthogonal. Any idea what I doing wrong?

Thanks

Ted Walsh

Ted,

What version of QT are you using?

What version of VW are you running?

FYI - VW 10 allows you to marquee select the portion of the drawing you wish to export -- allowing you to do exactly what you want to do, easily.

My first guess would be that the perspective window is just not focused on the model. Try resizing the perspective frame to be HUGE and see if the model shows up in some far corner. If that's the case, you can use the "translate view" tool (2nd row, 2nd column of the 3D Tools palette) to drag the model to the spot you want, then resize the perspective frame the way you want it.