The 10.0.1 updater seem not to update anything

Hugo

I have just downloaded the 10.0.1 updater and run it, but when I go to "About VectorWorks" the screen tells me I'm running version 10.0.0

If I select the application icon and get info about it it says I'm running version 10.0.0 (13282)

Did the updater work or not? I'm running Mac OS X 10.2.2

Thanks.

try going into your application folder.

VW updaters in the past have always produced a new folder with the updated application in it.

so you should see 2 vectorworks folders

with different version numbers in name

you will need to reset aliases to the application

but if you open a file directly then check about VW you should find that it has the updated version number.

regards matt

I hope it's not a beta version since it was buyed by my office.

The updater didn't tell me nothing about creating a new folder and it did not. It just told me everything was succesfull and that I may change the name of the application folder if I wanted.

I have no complains but I wanted to know if the updater actually updated my application or not.

As I said, if I ask for info of the VW application, it appears it's version 10.0.0 (13282). Is this a beta then, the official 10.0.0 or it's 10.0.1? I never looked for this info before.

Hugo,

The updater doesn't create a new folder, it just makes appropriate changes to the VW 10 folder and application.

Go ahead and launch VW by double clicking on the icon in the VW 10 folder. Go to about VW and see what the version says in there. It should say VW 10.0.1.

If it doesn't then you will need to run the updater again.

Tried with the installer again, nothing happened.

Erased VW from the HD and all the preferences. Logged out, then logged in.

Reinstalled VW. Downloaded the updater again. Run it again.

Now everything went OK. Now "about VW" says it's 10.0.1 and when I get info it says it's 10.0.1 (14634)

Strange... but now I'm happy [big Grin]

Thanks for the feedback!

[ 12-03-2002, 11:47 AM: Message edited by: Hugo ]