Project Management

Tom Klaber

Question

Most projects in a firm environment are worked on by multiple people and split into multiple files. The program needs to acknowledge this and build in tools to help coordinate multiple project files.

Currently we employ an elaborate referencing system where project wide resources such as title blocks and classes are controlled by a Globals file that holds these resources. There are downsides to this, and really VW should develop a PM system that associates files multiple files with a project and manages the resources and data across these files.

I keep hearing that their is a new referencing workshare system in the works, so every release I get my hopes up, but I have seen nothing yet.

One of the reasons, we have not embraced more of the BIM capabilities is that it cuts down on the amount of people you can have working on a project. If the RCPs and the Interior elevations are both in the same file, you can not have 2 people updating those elements. All of this needs to be addressed if VW is going to have any chance of staying viable against Revit.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet