Concrete Door Threshold.

RCrussellUK

I realise that I'm asking a lot of questions. Here in the North of England they have a saying: 'shy bairns get nowt' now whether or not you agree, I'm a great believer in asking a lot of questions.

I'm thrilled with how quickly I'm learning, and how each thing I learn seems to guide me to the next thing I need to know. So forgive me if my name continues to be prominent on these forums and hopefully some day it will be me giving some of the advice.

My next question regards an exterior concrete step that leads up to a concrete threshold under the door. In the image you can see two concrete steps, the third step, within the wall, under the door (presently a brick part of the wall) is also concrete.

How would I go about making this section of the wall concrete, retaining the integrity of the wall object... the way that leaps to my mind is a wall reshape and then insert a simple concrete extrude. Is there any other way that leaps to mind which might remain part of the wall object?

Thanks again!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

That seems like it would be the most sensible. You could go a little further if you needed more detail with something like this:

But for that example it seems like it would be very straightforward to just shape a rectangular cutout where it was needed.

If the step were always going to be under the door, you could also create a symbol out of the door and the top step together, then insert that symbol directly into the wall at 0 elevation as well, but I think that would really only be needed if you were going to use it repeatedly.