Help? Line Types from Attribute Palette??

TimG

Help... its monday and my brain's melted from candy.

How do I over ride lines in the attribute pallet to change line type (i.e. dashed line)

I've been on 2014 for a week or so now, and assume its just moved. The 2014 help file shows this is the case, and should be its own pull down / button now...

however from the screen shot of whats actually on my screen this button is not there.... any help????

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you use a line type, then you wouldnt apply a thickness or anything from the attributes palette, it would use the line type's settings instead.

If you want to not use a line type and control the lines appearance from the attributes palette instead, you would change the pen style to "Solid" instead of "Line Type".

I think I see what your saying now...

so before you could override the line dash properties with one click @ attributes palette.

...now I have to change from class style, to line style, then the line type button shows, and I can click on that to select the dash style I want... more clicks to get the same thing, but I'm guessing there are other advantages I haven't realized for this change?

thanks for the info!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Once you set up all the line types you need, then you don't need to do the extra clicks for other lines, you can simply select it from the pen style, rather than having to do 8-10 click per object you want to alter.

It essentially just moves the clicks elsewhere in the workflow and then reduces how often you'll need to do it later on down the line. Now they're saved as resources and you can either move them from document to document easily, or simply include them in your templates.