Publish Command Enhancements _ VW Files

Tom Klaber

Question

In our office when we do record issues we like to save a static copy of the vectorworks files at that time. It would be great if in the publish command, you could not only print, pdf, and dwg export, but export VW file (either current year or previous year) as well.

Also, the multi-file publish does not seem to work. The generated list is all messed up. It would be nice if you could *tag* sheet layers in files to be used in batch multi-file prints and exports - so when the list is generated - it does not pull up every garbage layer - but only the indicated important sheet layers.

2 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I think adding a "Save As in Current State" or something similar is an excellent idea, maybe appending a date/time to the end of the filename? Submitting now.

I am not sure how a tagging system would work cleanly however for tagging important sheet layers without risking losing some, that may be messier than a rethink on how the list is presented in the UI instead. However I will mention the topic in general.

Edited by JimW

Thanks for getting back.

YES! - We love to have record copies of the VWs for record issues - so a "Save A Copy As In Current State" with a date on the end would be perfect.

I think you are right as far as the tagging system. The more I thought about that - the more I realized that it was not the right fix for the issue.