Text Editing Weirdness

Is anyone else using VW2014 seeing any weirdness when editing text? I've had two different anomalies occur repeatedly -

1 - while editing a text block in annotations the text shrinks and jumps off to one side, almost like you're zooming out, and then jumps back again to its original position.

2 - also while editing text VW jumps out of edit mode and sends the text block to the back, pushing it behind objects it was originally on top of.

Both things have happened multiple times but I haven't been able to connect it with a specific action.

Kevin

I'm using ITC Avant Garde Gothic, but it did the same thing when I changed it to Arial. Here's two screen shots showing where the text object is (bigger text) and where it jumps back and forth to. It seems like its shrinking along with some of the smart cursor cues (ie. you can see the ticks that appear along the round walls around the text in the shrunken version). This is while editing text in the annotations of a sheet layer viewport.

Kevin

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=9602&filename=Text%20As%20It%20Should%20Be.png

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=9603&filename=Text%20Zoomed%20Small.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Send this in to tech@vectorworks.net with the subject "ATTN Jim" please:

http://kbase.vectorworks.net/questions/627/DirectX+Diagnostics+and+System+Profiler

I wasn't able to replicate it here at the moment, but ill see if i can find a close match to your system to test on.

The sporadic issues are the hardest to track down, if you DO happen to find steps that replicate it every time please let me know.