Lighting Symbol Clamp Swivel

Hey Guys,

I have a new one for ya. I have attached custom clamps onto some of our lighting devices. When I set 3D orientation on a library light with a standard clamp, the clamp swivels along with the yoke. When I attach my clamp to the light and set 3D orientation the clamp stays parallel to the working plane. Please tell me what the deciding factor is in wether or not the clamp swivels. I have attached the file of the two lights next to each other. Thanks guys!

When you build your fixture you have to attach the Parts record to each piece. Then set the values for Clamp, Yoke, Body for what each piece is 1= yes.

Note that you can attach a record to a group. So your fixture body can be one thing with lots of pieces that don't all have the record.

Take a good look at some of the standard fixtures. They make great examples.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for that, I have already attached those values to the objects as you can see in the file. The clamp is recorded as base = yes. My question is, here in this file I have one standard fixture and one custom fixture, when you rotate 3D orientation on the standard fixture the clamp swivels in unison with the yoke, in mine, despite being built in the same manor, my clamp does not swivel along with its yoke, what is the deciding factor in that object. Thanks for lookin in to it lads!

When I look at the file (updated to 2013) the clamp does not have the parts tag. The base does have it and correctly set.

It might also matter that everything is rotated from "normal"

That is, the fixtures are laid out sideways for boom mounting rather than vertically for batten hanging. The rotation assumes vertical.

Perhaps you placed the fixtures while in a 3D mode? Whatever you did also affected the ellips.

Anyway try this file.