Files dead after OSX Dock

PeterT

I am having an inconsistant problem with files that have been reduced into the OSX Dock.

Sometimes when you retreive the files back out of the dock, the tools and menu commands do not function at all. You can activate tools on the palettes, but the tools do not work on the drawing. It is as if the workspace is operational, but the file is dead.

When this happens, the only way out seems to be to close the file, then reopen it, and everything is back to normal. But that defeats the purpose of putting the file in the dock in the first place.

Has anyone else had this problem?

G4 400 Mhz, OS 10.1.5, VW 9.5.2

Mathew,

Thanks for the response. Good to know you are working on it.

Using the Window menu does not always cure the problem though. I have two files open right now that are not working, and choosing either file in the Window menu swithches to that file, but does not restore the tools operation.

I had another file earlier, that after docking, would not accept the active check mark in the window menu no matter how many times I chose it.

For me, this issue is not a major problem just a minor nuisance. I t would seem there are other items on this list that are much more worthy of the "high prioity" designation.

Thanks,

Peter

I don't know if this is the same phenomena, but, perhaps using the dock as described, which I do a lot, I sometimes find that when I have two files open, up from the dock, VW thinks the window in the background is the active one. The tools don't work because the active drawing is hidden. A trip to the Window menu confirms that the file in the foreground is not checked, but the one in the background is. Checking the name of the front (visible) file does not effect the change as returning to the window menu show that no change took place, the "back" window is still the active file. Closing the file using the red close button seems to be necessary to get things working right again.

OSX 10.1.5;9.52.

Donald