remove classes

Some time ago I changed the classes in our office by deleting most of the standard classes because I found them useless. Still, if I import symbols or parts of old drawings I will of course get all those stupid classes in my drawing again. I would like to remove them straightaway, only I don't know what happens to elements in symbols. Sometimes "active class only" will show nothing, while I know that some elements of a symbol are drawn in that class. So, if I delete the class in question, will objects drawn in that class be deleted, or will their class be changed to "none" (which I hope)?

Im pretty sure the objects will be put in the none class. I tried it with some simple 2d and 3d objects and some symbols with preset class assignments.

If you don't like the class assignments pre-assigned to certain symbols, you should use the the symbols found in the Non-class folder in Object Libraries.

This is the same list of symbols, except these symbols don't have a pre-set class.