Removed symbol leaves hole in wall

I'm having a problem with symbols in walls -- if I pull them out of the wall, sometimes the insertion hole is irreparably left in the wall, in both 2D and 3D. It can't be healed with the wall heal tool, although it will sometimes disappear on its own, eventually. It's not always practical to just redraw the wall, if it has other symbols in it. Any fix for this?

After you pull the symbol out of the wall and it leaves a hole, can you double click on the Pan tool (hand) and the drawing refresh itself ?

Or does the hole remain?

What version of VW do you see this on?What OS are you on ?

I haven't heard of this one before ... I'd be interrested to find what this is about.

Hi, Katie

This is in VW9.5.2, on a machine using OS9 (9.1, I think). I don't think I've ever tried refreshing the drawing, but I've tried closing and reopening the file, and even restarting the computer. The wall I was having trouble with yesterday did fix itself when I opened the file this morning, but that's not something I can count on. I will try refreshing next time it happens.

Kristen,

Thanks for sending the files so fast. The problem you are encountering is actually a bug with our wall objects. Something you are doing when working with them is causing them not to re-draw correctly. The wall does not even know there is a hole.

The best way to fix it is to either nudge the wall in a direction and then back again, or to select the wall and click on the reverse sides button (twice) in the object info pallet. There are actually a number of things you can do, just about any interaction with the wall will cause it to draw correctly. However, simply double clicking the pan tool, or zooming will not.

I've entered a bug about the problem, but to ensure that it gets fixed, I need to find a way to reproduce it here. Any suggestions?

Matthew GiampapaNNA Technical Support