Floating palettes behaviour

Hello all

It seems only one person on the VW mailing-list had the same problem. Maybe more nswers here...

Here's the prob.:VW 902/Win2k (french Belgian UPG for 9.5 not yet there)When a palette is accidently pushed to the top of the screen, it remains hooked there with no way to drag it back elsewhere.Sometimes quitting VW and restarting make it float again, sometimes there's to enter the workspace editor, create a 'copy of this palette', quit workspace editor, drag the new palette to a location that is far from the top border, re-enter the workspace editor and delete the first palette.With some training this takes one or two minutes. Does somebody at NNA know abaout this; is it fixed in 9.5.x ?

Thank you.Best regards

Francesco.

Maybe this will help. I had this problem once in another program and I turned the resolution on my monitor way up and then I could move it to the center of the screen. Then I just changed the resolution back and all was well. (to change the resolution right click on your desktop then choose settings)

In general there are a few ways you can recover from this.

1) Delete the pallet in the workspace editor and recreate it.2) Restore your workspace file from a backup if you have one, or you could reinstall VectorWorks.3) If running Windows 2K or XP, you can minimize VectorWorks while starting the program. (Before the pallets are initially drawn on the screen) This will cause VectorWorks to stack them in the upper left hand corner of the screen.4) If you have a dual display system, you can use the Display control panel to position the other screen above the main display.5) If you put the pallet off to the bottom or right hand size you can increase your screen resolution until you can grab the pallet. (This will not work if its on the top or left of the screen.)

It's a problem we are aware of, but have no good fix for at this time.

Matthew GiampapaNNA Technical Support