drawing booms in 3D

Hi all

I am starting to generate a simple enough 3D representation of a generic lighting plan to give upcoming venues more information etc. Within this lighting plan, I am incorporating masking & set elements (1no. bench).

I am trying to figure out how to draw floor lanterns & booms. I can not seem to rotate the units into the proper orientation and unsure how what is the best way to draw a boom for the 3D approach.

I have managed to draw the overhead plot in 3D but I am having the same problem with the orientation of the lanterns in 3D.

I am also wondering how people draw the circular pipe in 3D. I am using the 2D polygon & converting it to a spotlight position symbol. How do you make a 3D pipe aka a standard bar.

I am just wondering if people have any tips or tricks.

many thanks

eamon

Both are pretty simple to questions.

1) Orienting fixtures:

With the fixture selected, in the OIP scroll the "Set 3D orientation", check the box, and set it up. It's easiest to be in a 3D view for this.

2) Drawing pipe:

I draw a circle, 24mm diameter, and then extrude (cmd+e) to the length I want, i.e. 1000mm etc. Then I go to the front view and rotate (cmd+L) to get it to horizontal position.