Inserting lighting instruments in vectorworks designer?

Does Vectorworks Designer support inserting lighting instruments and applying gobos? I am able to open the library file/lighting instruments-symbols and put that into the resource browser. When I double click and get the insertion tool, I insert the instrument and set the rotation. I then seem to be left with an instrument that does not work? I have read the warning about accidentally using the 2d insertion tool but do not see any alternative insertion tools than the one activated by double clicking on the symbol in the RB or by right clicking on it and making it active. I do not get the "lighting Instrument" label in the object info pallet, just a label of 2d/3d symbol.

Is there something I am missing here?

thanks in advance.

Yes it does.

But you have to be in the Spotlight workspace (or edit your current workspace to have the Spotlight tools.)

In the Spotlight workspace, double clicking on a lighting instrument in the RB causes the Inst Insertion Tool to become active. This will insert the lighting instruments as smart objects. Once you have the instrument inserted double click on it to get the Lighting Device dialog box. Under the 2nd tab (Light Information) you can pick from the default gobos. Import additional gobos from the library and those will also become available.

hth

mk