Workssheet Spaces Area Summary

Hi all,

I have a drawing of a large building with many spaces.

I am trying to create an area schedule using the worksheet commands. I have added the space name, space number and gross area as the worksheet fields and this works fine in generating a large detailed spreadsheet.

However...I want to create a summary spreadsheet whereby all the spaces with the same number are added together.

The 'summarize objects with same [space number]' function works by producing the list of spaces i want but the areas are not calculated - it just shows a dash.

Is there a way to get all the areas added together in this summary?

Thanks all!

Hi...

By summarize, do you mean you dragged the 'SUM' icon from the top of the worksheet to the desired column of the database header?

I tried the same thing, and it seemed to work for me, giving me the total area for those spaces with the same numbers.

It however gave me 'dashes' for the room dimensions, which seems about right.

Hi Farookey,

Thanks for your response.

That is what i mean yes...but it doesn't seem to want to work for me. It just wont add the areas together.

Any ideas why?

The spaces have the same number but the rest of their information varies such as space name and occupant etc.

I want to maintain the different detailed information on the drawing but have a simple summary schedule.

Cheers

Nick

Edited by Oramaa Lawrence Architects