Working crossplatform.

For those of you having to put up with having to 'defend' using VWs in crossplatform projects will be happy to know that exporting dwgs from Revit is as problematic (if not more) as in any other BIM program.

In my experience VWs actual has very good/flexible dwg exporting capabilities considering the problematic output file format involved.

http://revitize.blogspot.com/2010/02/export-to-dwg-from-revit-issues.html

http://blog.cadway.com.au/2006/05/export-to-dwg-known-issues.html

those look like old links...it may have changed....

Well that might be so but I work with Revit(2011) a lot at the moment and problematic dwg export led me to post this fact.....

The point is this however: Autodesk don't need to play ball if they think they are big enough to force everyone to use Revit.

Very often those type of decisions are made by people that don't have enough competence in the matter and it is up to us to convince them of the advantages of using VWs because it simply is better and for this we need arguments like the one above to prove our point.

The office I work for presently is an example of this, the desicion to go over to Revit completely was made and then instantly implemented for a 60 000m2 hospital extension, you can imagine what that is costing at the moment....20 people very experienced in ArchiCAD, ADT etc. suddenly thrust into Revit!

Edited by Vincent C