selecting all objects in one class

moshi

Mic,

You could also do a custom selection from the menu bar:

Tools > Custom Selection...

A dialog box will open.

For "Commands" select "Select Only" (this will deselect everything else before making the new selection).

For "Options", choose to either make the selection immediately ("Execute Immediately") or choose to "Create Script" (so you can easily recall the selection later.

In the next dialog box, you can choose what should be selected. Through the series of drop-downs, you can choose what you want to be selected.

If you opted to create a script, you will first be prompted to create a Script Palette. Then you will be prompted to name your Script. I would suggest naming the palette something like "Select Only", and naming the script something like "C: [name of class goes here]" or "L: [name of layer goes here]".

The Script Palette will then show up in the Resource Browser, and when double-clicked will open as a small window. If you double click on the name of the script in the script palette, the script will execute.

I'm not a VectorScript-er, but I'll bet there is a way to then modify the script that is created to make it so it selects only what is in the active Layer or Class. Again, I'm not sure how to do that, but it seems like you should be able to ... Maybe someone can chime in?

Good luck!