Stock Vectorworks Title Block NOT deleting place holder text

tekbench

So, I'm using old friend "US Arch Vert-2" title block for a job.

I've entered in my custom information on the "project" side of the title block. Everything is fine.

I then enter in my custom information on the "Sheet" side of the title block. Doing this for about 20 different sheets. In these boxes, not on all sheets mind you, I get my custom information plopped on top of the 'placeholder' text. It essentially makes a huge black blob. I've tried erasing the custom info, saving, then re-entering. Seems to randomly keep or delete the 'placeholder' text, on selected sheets, for no apparent reason. The viewports are in two classes:

None and TITLE-BLOCK

Doesn't seem to matter. It does not seem to be a class thing. Moving from one class to another doesn't solve it either. Each viewport is on it's own sheet layer, called "elevation left", "floor plan", "Roof Plan", etc.

When I select 'Export - PDF', the garbled, blob text exports to the PDF, making the title block half useless. This leads me to believe that it's not a display thing, but an actual 'lines on the file' thing.

I'm on (the now apparently stone age) VW 2009 Designer, SP5.

Running on a MacBook Air, despite my signature file noting the home machine. Mac OS 10.6.8.

Any input would be greatly appreciated OTHER than "spend the dough to upgrade". I have to get paid for this project first, then we can fight about the benefits of updating to the new version.

Thanks!

Following up and closing the issue-

User error is causing the described behavior.

I've used "lock to page center" on all my drawing borders.

I've inserted the title block, and it obviously snaps to the designated lower right hand corner, and extends vertically.

Somewhere in my drawings, I had (unknowingly) inserted several title blocks onto a few of the Sheet layers. While stacked and snapped, the Title Blocks look, obviously identical, and the change in lineweight is indecernable unless you really stare at it on my laptop. What I was seeing was the visible titleblock BELOW the one I happend to be editing NOT changing. Being stacked, and identical, you can't select the offending duplicate title block very easily, especially since they were errantly insterted (I'm sure) while I was in an active class that I don't remember.

Since the "Project" information is all identical, and updated across all title blocks simultaneously, they looked fine with two or three title blocks stacked on top of each other, with identical text.

Essentially a Title Block was created on class "TITLE BLOCK" and a Title Block was created on class "NONE" with both classes displaying simultaneously. Changing the top one, and the bottom one still displays the original place holder text.

Deleting the duplicate title blocks solved the issue. Just click on the title block once, hit delete. Repeat until the last visible one gets deleted, then hit "command+z" to undo, leaving a single title block by itself to edit. Select one of the other title blocks that has the correct properties, select edit, choose "project", check "Apply these values to all title blocks" and click OK. Updates all the title block 'Project' info. Now I just have to update the 'Sheet' info on the affected pages.

The title block snap + drawing border lock to page center essentially works just like copy, and paste-in-place. Very useful, but also not easy to detect duplicates in plan view.

Hope this helps someone else avoid the hassle.

Kelly.

Edited by tekbench