Disappearing referenced layers on drawings

Hi,

Can anyone help? I'm using Vectorworks 2011 Fundamentals and I'm having problems with updating referenced drawings. Whenever I click to update my drawing after changes have been made to the master, the referenced drawing just disappears. Anyone else have this problem?

How can I solve this because it's really frustrating. It works for the first few updates then suddenly decides not to.

Edited by B3designers

Are you using any of the Vectorworks Design Series (Architect, Landmark, Designer etc) with the Fundamentals work space or are you using Vectorworks Fundamentals?

Last time I looked, Vectorworks Fundamentals did not support referenced files. Its a Design Series feature. Quickly googling this, certainly seems to be true as of VW 2010 but of course, may have changed in later versions.

http://download2.nemetschek.net/www_misc/2010/Vectorworks%202010%20Help/Data/15_DesignSeries/18_DrawView/Creating_a_Referenced_Design_Layer_Viewport.htm

However, I have seen something similar to your issue with design series and referenced files. In these cases, this has been due to the origin of either of the files changing so the original origins are mismatched so you are not looking at the same place that you thought you were.