RIP Steve Jobs

When I started out on my own, I had an Apple LCII with a separate monitor, and a desktop A4/A3 printer. The LCII had Clarisworks and Clariscad, and that was all I needed to run a solo practice.

Clarisworks morphed into Appleworks (which I only gave up last year in favour of Pages) and Clariscad ran into copyright problems as soon as it became successful so I gravitated to Vectorworks just when it had changed from Minicad.

Steve Jobs had an extraordinary ability to see the potential in ideas and technology, and he has done more than any other person in the world to show that good design is more than a veneer, an idea dear to every architect. His products have always resonated with me because they looked right, not just good, and they worked, and they didn't get in the way of what I was trying to do. My current iMac is simply a joy to use and I am so grateful that Apple products came along at just the right time for me.

Here is an Apple ad, voiced by Steve - see how many faces you can name. I think SJ himself belongs in this group he calls The Crazy Ones.

http://www.loopinsight.com/2011/10/06/steve-jobs-narrates-the-crazy-ones/