Problem with Shutters

cwailes

Doesn't the offset from jamb just move each individual shutter either left or right? I would think that they both need to move forward as if they were sitting on top of the jamb. I have an attic window which is a 2030 window with shutters and the shutters look correct and the settings are the same. I will just use the offset from jamb and move them far enough from the window to keep them from intruding on the jamb.

ccw,

Yes the offset moves the left shutter to the left and the right shutter to the right.

The jamb is the frame of the window

The exterior trim (casing)I believe is what you are talking about.

Do you want the shutters to be mounted to the casing?

Please post an image of your attic window with shutters so I can fully understand the issue.

taoist

What size of window did you use? The attic window I used was a 2030 and it worked fine. However, the main floor window was 3050 and it doesn't work. As for plan view the only way I can get the shutters to show in the top view is to use the 3Dtop view and not the top/plan view. I agree, if you add shutters to a window object they should be visible in both plan/top view as well as 3D view.