How do I edit wall quantity report and wall data record?

JJD

None of the standard proceedures for editing seem to work on these items. I want to change the dimension type and mark the walls in the drawing.

I would also like to have length and height info for each wall listed in the report. Shouldn't that be automatic?

The wall data record only shows up if a wall is selected and is read only.

It doesn't show in the resource browser.

VW help is no help.

I believe you are correct about not being able to edit walls through worksheets.

I'm not sure why, but it may have something to do with the fact that wall thickness and other attributes are controlled through wall styles - so all the values are calculated results, not hard values.

=length will report the length in inches. divide by 12 and set the format for the cells to be a dimension to get the results you are looking for.

For a round wall, I'm not sure if it is reporting arc length (and if so, at what part of the wall - inside, outside, center?) or chord length. The OIP for a round wall doesn't even have a length field.

Height is more complicated. In the OIP it's called the Delta Z. It reports the height at the beginning side of the wall. But if the bottoms and tops of walls don't have to be straight.

You could try =wallaverageheight. I can't prove it, but I believe that wallaverageheight returns the gross area divided by the length. Which, if your walls have tops and bottoms that are parallel and ends that are parallel to each other, should work.

hth

mk