2D Trees not letting me make more than one varietal

KimCL

Drafting out a large property and of course there are going to be many varieties of trees. Say I choose Shade tree 04...edit it..choose a file create it as a patmore ash....then i place what i want on the sheet. great. Say I want to use that shade 4 image again but edit the size according to the next variety of tree aka a willow. It won't let me..it then refuses to make anything but a patmore ash...

how can i make edit the image to be different each time...never had this problem in my old school vectorworks 11 program.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Kim

Find the Patmore Ash on the Resource Browser - right-click and then choose Duplicate. You will have a new resource. Right-click on that and choose Edit. You can then edit the definition or the 2D graphics etc. to create a new resource for your new plant. The beauty is that these resources, once created, are there for you to use on your next scheme without having to define your plants each time.

If you are documenting existing trees on the site, I recommend you take a look at the Existing Tree tool also in the Site Planning toolset.