Rotating Pipes In VW2011

I am having some difficulty rotating a pipe along the Z plane. Everytime I use Rotate3D, and select Z axis (Both on the working plane and on the layer plane) it rotates my pipe on the X/Y axis.

What I need to accomplish is a Vertical roation of 10? and a horizontal rotation of 45?. I can get the 45? angle, just not the 10?.

Can anyone help?

[EDIT]

I just figured out how to create a symbol. That will make my life much easier...

Edited by Ian R Mills

Ian,

What exactly is the object you are using for your pipe? A 3D extrude, a 3D symbol, a hybrid symbol, a Spotlight Lighting Position, etc.?

If it's a 3D object, I think what you want is to rotate about the Y axis not the Z axis. It's like the Y axis (the line going up/down when looking from above) is a spindle stuck through your object. Does that help, or am I misunderstanding?

[begin shameless plug] You may want to have a look at http://benghiatlighting.com/software/products/spp, which I'm in the process of announcing. [End plug]

-Josh

Maybe it is better if I describe what I was trying to do. I was attempting to take a 20ft pipe from the resource browser and set it with a lower elevation of 12ft and an upper elevation of 15ft at a 45? to the Y-axis.

What I ended up doing was creating a 20ft cylinder, and rotating it 10? on the z-axis. I then used that to create a symbol, edited the 2D properties, and viola I have my new pipe at the angle I wanted. Converted it to a Lighting position and have lights hung off of it.