Artistic Renderwork Improvement ( back to 2010 levels )

mattao

Hi everyone,

What about VW 2012?

Will we have some improvments of the artistic renderings? Hope it could at least came back to VW2010 levels.

I work/compete at the office with a guy with pretty f*****ing good archicad sketch renderings. I'd like to be able to compete with this.

Here is an example I found on google of such a rendering:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/files/thumbs/t_west_entry_sketch_modified_940.jpg

COuld you show me similar sketch renderings with vW2011? ( or better )

I agree and also add a precast and curtain wall tool...clients dont give a S*** about Dado molding.They are more interested at the sketch stage with the optimium level of precast to structural frame & glass,wind loading,energy, stresses which all affect costs, redesigns,manufacture & construction. Clients no longer get sucked in by pretty archicad sketches alone they want to see relevant certified data that makes the deal.

Has the artistic rendering actually been useful in VW2010?

(I jumped from 2008 to 2011 and it sucked in both versions)

But the Archicad rendering certainly looks like something, you can do - and do better - in VW in a viewport rendering:

Try a combination of a Custom Renderworks background rendering with colours and textures disabled and a hidden line foreground rendering with the sketch option turned on and an appropriate smoothing angle. If the rendering becomes too dark on colored surfaces or in the shadow areas, turn the ambient light up in the lighting options.

If you want some greyscale textures in the renderings, you may want to build an alternative library of textures, where the texture images have been exported, turned into greyscale or B/W and re-imported into new textures. That way, you can leave the texture option on and get stone effects etc.

I know theese are workaround, but it should produce the effect, you want.