How to create a "master' sheet layer to show all plans?

DWorks.

If I understand you correctly,

X = number of Horizontal Sheets

Y = number of Vertical Sheets

This Master or large sheet does not get printed as it's size is to large to print.

So we just print the "page" we want.

taoist

Edited by taoist

Our firm has been printing our projects like this for years. For our typical project, we use a single "25 drawing" sheet layer, which has a single row of 25 sheets all next to eachother. Prior to VW2008, we had a 5 sheet by 5 sheet grid, due to a sheet layer space limitation. We use a single viewport of a design layer with our main title block in it, and then have a small "sheet layer" title block symbol which contains all the unique drawing data in it. This way we only write stuff once.

We can print or pdf a range of drawings, so if it is only a five sheet contract, we print 1 thru 5.

It has significantly reduced the number of layers we have, and allows us to better review our drawings.

Let me know if you need more info on this method. I highly recommend it over the "normal" VW way (at least for our scale of work: residential)

Matt

I must say that it's not a very good and fine way to do it. I used to use sheet layers this way, but with the new batch export to pdf and several other options, its way easier to create a sheet layer for every fysical page you need. Drawing borders can adjust to the sheet and center themselfs on it, Page margins are clear, ..... I can go on.

The only advantage to using only one sheet layers is that you can view all sheets at once.