Group Textures by Type ( or anything in the Resource Browser)

taoist

Question

It would be a tremendous help if we could Group items in the Resource Browser by type, or group them independently of the Resource Browser and then show them grouped in the Resource Browser.

This would save a lot of scrolling and searching.

Would be great if we could have this ability either for custom libraries or in the defaults.

Example:

Flooring-Carpet

Flooring-Tile

Floor-Hardwood

Roof Shingles-Asphalt

Roof Shingles-Shakes

Roof Shingles-Metal

Siding-Vinyl

Siding-Metal

Siding-Stucco

I think you get the idea.

imho,

taoist

1 answer to this question

I agree. It would save scrolling time, be better organized, and just make a nicer, cleaner interface for the RB. On a similar note, it would also save a ton of time if when you went to change a texture on something it jumped to that texture. Right now it goes to the top of the list, then you have to go find where the original texture is highlighted, then change it to another one, which is usually right next to the one you want to change. If I'm changing a roofing texture, chances are I want to change it from Shingles Lt. Grey to Shingles Dark Grey, or some other Shingles texture, not to Asphalt Small or Brick Paver Rough. It's just common sense. And it would really, really speed up changing textures.

Monadnoc