Dock-able Pallets on OSx

Tom Klaber

Question

I have been a PC Vectorworks user for a long time. I recently had to switch to a Mac, and was really thrown off by how none of the pallets could dock. Maintaining your work space is hard, and miss clicks send you to your desktop unless everything is perfectly sized. Pallets inevitably move around and slows down the work flow.

You have it in Windows - it needs to translate - even as a toggle option - to OSx

2 answers to this question

Tom, you may be interested in this thread.

Support for full-screen feature in Mac OS X Lion

Covers some of the possibilities of the forthcoming "Lion" OSX release. It should get you closer to your request, depending on how NNA deal with it in VW of course.

i'm really not looking forward to it, but i have an open mind even if i prefer what we have regarding the Mac's interface.

Most of them are adjustable too, bottom right corner allows you to resize them to fit your needs, all except the WP Palette. You will however find that the Palettes are "Sticky", and if you grab the bar, where the traffic lights are on each Palette and drag one close to another they pull together. Not what you want but should stop you clicking on the desktop. . . . . . . . :)

Andi