Terrain from PDF

Hi

Having trouble and I can't figure out what i am doing wrong.

I have a pdf of a site plan form the 60's.

1 - I have traced my contours with the 2d ploy tool

2 - converted to polygons

3 - when I go to go from 2d polygons to 3d I get a message

"A Plug-in Object parameter value is out-of range due to inappropriate layer scale. Change scale and try again." (see screen shot 2)

4 - I click ok and I am then able to set the z height of each line.

5 - I select my line and go to create site model tool, i fill in the various parameters. I click ok

6 - I then get the whau whau whau sound you get when you pick the wrong answer on a game show. (see screen shot 2)

something aint right. I watched the webinair the other day and i can produce a nice site model from scratch using the 3d loci grid method but if i try to use the same method for the project i am working on it will take forever.

thanks

Chris

Are you using the Arc mode of the polyline tool? It looks like the polyline geometry is trying to resolve curve geometry and is causing a self intersecting polygon (not good).

Instead, I would just use the straight line segment mode and place vertices along the curves to approximate them. Then run through the rest of the steps and you should get the desired results.

I think I figured it out

I was leaving the 2d polygons and then when I went to create the site model I did the short cut "command A" to select them all. that was my mistake, it was selecting the 2d polys as well. I still am getting the layer scale message but i am also getting my site model.

thanks Jeffrey

I am proud to announce that I am no longer a greenhorn.

Regards

Chris