Custom Title Block

Hi there...

I am assuming you are using the sheet border method...

Size... can be controlled by scaling appropriately in the OIP.

Color... I think, if you class the items you wish to change colors of, this can be easily manipulated by adjusting that particular class. Keep in mind, all instances of that ONE title block (symbol) will have THAT particular color.

Images... although these cannot be changed easily without modifying the symbol, if you have consistent images, you could possible class these as well to control them. If the images are project based, then you are better off modifying the symbol (with the new image) for that particular job in that particular document.

I do not believe you can use just ONE symbol definition in a document which shows different images and colors, in the normal use of the sheet border tool. You would need to duplicate the symbol, for each change.

Hope this helps...

Be careful using By Class on attributes in symbols used as title blocks. For some attributes (can't look up the details right now, but it is in the help. Check both the Fundamentals and Industry Series help on title blocks), if you set it to By Class then it will change when you change the settings of the symbol. This applies to fonts as well.

All,

http://download2.nemetschek.net/TechTips/Custom_Title_Block/Custom_Title_Block.html

This is the method I used to create the title block (just followed the video). Now I have realized that I need to change a couple font sizes, adjust the logo dimension, and add a couple more items to the block. I tried going into the library file for the title blocks (where it was saved to), but after changing things in the library title block, it does not reflect when I add a title block to a sheet.