Worksheets and Images

Hey all,

I've posted this question a little while ago but I now have a little more insight into the possibilities and reality of what is possible thus far.

For the last few months I've been working on a complete template overhaul for our company. Attached is a screenshot of a lamp legend which after much work interlinking to the rest of the tables performs greatly.

The images next to this are inserted manually, the now only manual task related to the entire titleblock, obviously we want to eliminate this problem. The images are part of the trademark look that we want to keep as we feel it provides the realistic on site install assistance which will help the job get done right.

Before we've discussed inserting images into worksheet cells and that's a no-go, whether by script or formula.

So now I have another path I wish to follow.

Using scripting is it possible to identify either a particular cell's x:y coords in reference to a inserted WSImage (see second screen shot as an example) or to count a particular cell's position within a worksheet?

If I could do this then I could probably identify what the cell contains and then locate a 2D symbol relative to the coords.

Anyone follow or have input/ideas/solutions/problems?

Cheers,

James